Managed Security Services
Leading firms are taking a proactive approach to security and using managed security services to reduce their IT related risks. Managed security services typically provide traditional forms of security protection:
- Network Infrastructure - Physical access to servers, system backups with off-site rotation, encrypting the backup media, and protecting wireless networks.
Internet Connectivity - protection can include firewalls & Virtual Privacy Network (VPN), intrusion detection and prevention, and remote connectivity.
- Management - incident response plans, patch management, and change management processes.
- Employee Management - policies and procedures, passwords, protection against social engineering, locking down USB thumb drives, handheld PDA's, encrypting laptop hard drives, etc.
- Document Management - protection includes access privileges, document retention and archiving, encryption, etc.
- Electronic threats - protection from anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-popup, etc.
- E-mail & Communications - anti-spam, e-mail archiving, instant messaging (IM), and archiving.
- Risk Management - risk evaluation, business continuity planning, testing, etc.